Literacy Links F Teaching and Assessment Guide
Technology-linked, integrated word study and spelling units for grades 6-8 students - teaching and assessment guide.
Teach word study that is theme-based, pattern-based, and strategy-based using these systematic, layered units that easily integrate with reading, process writing, media literacy, and technology.
- motivating reading selections feature a crew of dynamic characters living marvellous adventures
- thematic and pattern-based reading and spelling words are learned in the context of the selections and illustrations
- short reading response activities advance the understanding of the selection
- a balanced variety of strategies are used to explore word meanings and patterns to build ever-expanding reading and writing vocabularies
- motivating journal writing prompts encourage the students to use their new vocabulary meaningfully in their writing
- motivating Tech Link activities immerse students in a rich variety of computer and whiteboard activities
- a process writing lesson linked to the unit theme completes each unit
- 142 pages