Literacy Links D
Integrated spelling units for grades 5 students.
Teach spelling that is theme-based, pattern-based, and strategy-based using these systematic, layered units that easily integrate with reading, process writing, and media literacy.
- motivating reading selections feature a crew of dynamic characters living marvellous adventures
- thematic and pattern-based reading and spelling words are learned in the context of the selections and illustrations
- short reading response activities advance the understanding of the selection
- a balanced variety of strategies are used to explore word meanings and patterns to build ever-expanding reading and writing vocabularies
- motivating journal writing prompts encourage the students to use their new vocabulary meaningfully in their writing
- a process writing lesson linked to the unit theme completes each unit
- 96 pages